Late yesterday afternoon, my copy of Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are came. And after reading one (tearful!) chapter last night, I loved it and can’t wait to read more… And in the reading, I was inspired to become part of the group of bloggers who chronicle their “1,000 Gifts” on Mondays. At first my perfectionist side balked against randomly starting now (instead of at the beginning of the year, etc.), but then I realised that I should just get over it and now I’m even starting on a Tuesday instead of Monday! But in the future, these gift posts will be on Mondays…
1. An amazing husband who gives incredible massages to his achy pregnant wife.
2. A twig found in the bathtub – evidence of a certain little man who likes to bring treasures in from outside along with making several daily trips to the bathroom (where he’s usually not allowed) to thrust aside the shower curtain and look at his line-up of farm animal bath toys.
3. Green grass, sunshine and perfect outside temps…in January!
4. Long nursing cuddles with a toddler who usually won’t sit still for longer than 30 seconds.
5. An obliging brother-in-law who picked Cedar and I up in town after the car randomly stopped working.
6. The fact that I was able to maneuver the aforementioned car into a parking lot before it completely stopped working.
7. A deep trunk in the aforementioned car that made a great playplace for an inquisitive toddler while we were waiting for our ride.
8. Baby kicks that visibly move the belly.
9. Being almost to my third trimester and, thus far, no complications!
10. Potatoes, oil and salt.
11. Homegrown sprouts.
12. A late Christmas package from a sister – full of chocolate, my own copy of a favourite book, the most adorable hand-felted wool baby booties, and more!